Innocence Project of Texas held a non-partisan Texas Court of Criminal Appeals Candidate Forum September 29 at 6:45 pm with 5 of the 6 candidates on the ballot participating.
The Court of Criminal Appeals is the most important criminal court in Texas with sole power overturn death penalty appeals and grant or denial actual innocence claims. Three of the nine seats for Judge up for election this year and on every Texas voter’s ballot.
If you missed the forum you can watch IPTX Court of Criminal Appeals Candidate Forum recording.
Thank you to each candidate that participated:
- Judge Elizabeth Frizzell, Place 3 Candidate
- Judge Bert Richardson, Place 3 Candidate
- Judge Tina Clinton, Place 4 Candidate
- Judge Brandon Birmingham, Place 9 Candidate
- Judge David Newell, Place 9 Candidate